Sunday, August 28, 2011

Adios Barcelona...

Today was our last day in Barcelona. After a long, lazy morning in the apartment, we took a ride to the Telefericos de Barcelona. This is the gondola ride that goes over the waterway. It was kind of scary, but a truly beautiful view. Brian and I are a bit afraid of heights, but I wanted to ride this gondola as there are very few left in Europe. When we reached the end of the ride, we had lunch at the top of the hill overlooking Barcelona. There was a cool breeze and it was a wonderful way to end our time here.

Tonight Jim and Kevin attended a bullfight. Sarah, Brian, and I decided to skip this event and headed back to the apartment to pack and just relax. Effective January 1, 2012, bullfighting will no longer be allowed in Barcelona. They still allow it in other areas of Spain, but no longer here. As Jim and Kevin described the fight to Brian and I (Sarah left the room), I am SO glad we did not attend. It sounds so cruel. I will not share any description of this event and must say I am glad that Barcelona will no longer support this - although their reasons for not supporting bullfighting has nothing to do with cruelty to animals.

We are all ready to be home. It has been a wonderful summer. We've spent time with family, friends, and each other. My reasons for coming to Barcelona were not only to see Spain, but give my family time to reunite and have some fun together. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment